Born March 14 (in passport 27), 1958 in
in Bejjé-Jbeil, Lebanon, a small village surrounded with oak trees and
hills which dominate this small paradise.
He began his elementary studies in his native village and completed his
education in the schools of the Lebanese Maronite Order ( Kfifane -
Mayfouk - Tamiche).
He studied the "Oud" with Marcel Khalifé at Holy Spirit University in
Kaslik, Lebanon. He obtained a degree in theology at Holy Spirit
University in 1984.
He was ordained a priest in the Lebanese Maronite Order on September 16,
He studied art with the artist Joseph Mattar and received diplomas as
1990 - In Icons in Meudon, Paris
1991 - In painting at the Academy of Fine Arts in Rome
1991 - In fresques in Rome
From 1992 to 1995 he served as the Superior of his Order at the Convent
of Notre Dame de Mayfouk and Kattara.
From 1995 to 1998 he served as the Superior of his Order at the Convent
of Sts Sarkis and Bakho in Kartaba-Jbeil.
From 1998 to 2000 he resides at the convent Notre Dame de secours at
Jbeil and professor at USEK.
From 2000 to 2001 he resides in Rome Italy to specialize in stained
From 2001 to 2003 , Priest of a Maronite Church, Ste Rafca at Denver
- Colorado, USA.
Maison Paroissiale - Aquarelle 25 x 35 cm
Around 4000 art works including watercolor and oils on canvas, etc.
Certain arts works are on exhibit at the Vatican and at the Kremlin.
1. His career in art began in 1980 with the success of his
first art exhibition at the Convent of Notre Dame of Tamiche and
2. 1982 Lebanon, University of the Holy Spirit, Kaslik
3. 1982 Lebanon, Gallery Chahine at Hotel Alexandre, Beirut
4. 1983 Lebanon, Convent of Notre Dame at Mayfouk
5. 1984 Lebanon, Convent of St. Antoine, Hboub, Tannourine
6. 1985 Lebanon, a permanent exposition in the convent of
Notre Dame in Mayfouk
7. 1986 Lebanon, exhibition in Hboub, Jbeil-Byblos
8. 1987 USA, New York City, Cleveland, Ohio and Youngstown,
Ohio Easton, Pennsylvania, New Brunswick, New Jersey
9. 1988 Switzerland (Pura, Caslano, Lugano)
10. 1989 Germany, Hambourg, Hofgaismar and Munich
11. 1990 France, Rueil-Malmaison
12. 1991 USA, Boston-Mass, Miami, Florida, Needham-Mass.
13. 1991 Germany, Hambourg, Landau- Pfalz
14. 1992 USA, San Diego, California
15. 1993 Lebanon, Notre Dame de Mayfouk
16. 1995 Lebanon, "Coin d'art" Zouk Michael
17. 1997 Lebanon, Jounieh (Goethe Institute)
18. 1997 Germany, Prien Am Chiemsee, Goethe Institute
19. 1999 Lebanon, Sts Pierre and Paul at Azra
20. 2000 Lebanon, Bambino, Amchit
21. 2000 Lebanon, Hardine
22. 2001 Italy, Rho (Milan)
23. 2001 USA, Shrine, Youngstown, Cleveland, OH.
24. 2002 France, Suresnes
25. 2005 Byblos - Jbeil
"Katarat el Ward" - St. John Marc.
He taught art and artistic design at the school of Notre Dame in
Mayfouk and the Holy Spirit University in Kaslik, Lebanon.
He is a member of the association of Lebanese Artists.
He is a member of the cultural Council of Jbeil.
He is a member of the committee of traditional Arts of the Maronite
Diocese of Jbeil.
He is a member of the committee of traditional Arts in the Maronite
He contributed to several collective art exhibitions: Hboub, Jbeil;
Lebanon, Unesco, Beirut and Sursok Museum, Beirut; Italy, Rome;
Kuwait, Biennal (1997), Bengladiche (2000), Chahine Galery, Dbayeh,
Bouar, Ehden, Jounieh.
Radio and Television's concerts with the chorale of Kaslik in Lebanon.
1. 1977-1985, Rome-St. Peter Vatican - Paul VI Hall
2. 1981 Spain-Granada (Audalus) - Seveilla
3. 1983, Germany-Hamburg (Fabrick)
Solo Appearances, Songs and Oud:
1. 1987 USA, NY City, Cleveland-OH, Youngstown, Easton -
PA, New Brunswick, NJ
2. 1988 Switzerland, Tessin-Pura-Caslano
3. 1989 - 1991 Germany
4. 1990 - 1991 USA-Boston-MASS
5. 1992 Venezuela, Caracas, Margherita
6. 1993 Lebanon, Beirut and Jounieh - Goethe institute (Kaslik)
7. 1997 Lebanon, Jounieh, Goethe Institute
8. 1997 Germany, Prien Am Chiemse
9. 2001 Italy, Rho (Milan)
In the year 2000 he registered his own reparatory on compact disk
He taught the "Oud" at Usek, Lebanon from 1978 to 1987.
"His humor and artistic talent justify the reputation of his
happy sensible artist who expresses his inner self with spontaneity.
The instrument which he uses "The Oud" gives an oriental
tone to his musical interpretations with a particular touch which
finds itself through his artwork of Lebanon. His work transmits
a very particular conception of God's love of nature and consideration
that heaven can begin on earth".
- Mentioned in
the "Dictionnaire Drouot Cotation 2006
- Larousse Diffusion
of the artist's artwork
►► Meet the artist in Art Direct Sale!